MBBS in Philippines
The Philippines is a splendid country with many marvelous things to offer, beginning from its rich cultural heritage to its quality manpower and resources.
Discover the country's hospitable lifestyle through its typical sun and sea adventure in tropical setting filled with the best of stern amenities. The Philippines is the second home of travelers who enjoy the company of the warmest people in the region coupled with its naturalness to varied cultures and global perspective. In addition, the Philippines allow everyone to experience a society which has a strong sense of its own identity combined with a diverse and multicultural history because of its Spanish, US, Japanese and Chinese influences.
Formerly a US colony, Philippines gained its independence in 1946. The official languages are Filipino and English. Its capital is Manila, with a population of 84.61 million. The Philippines is relatively cheap and economical country to visit.. Either foreign currency or credit cards are accepted in the large cities and towns.
The months of March to May are hot and dry. The rainy season is from June to October while the cold season is from November to February. The average temperature ranges from 25 C/78 F to 32 /90 F, with a humidity level of around 77%.
THE PHILIPPINE EDUCATION
The Philippines is widely recognized as an education gateway in the contemporary world. A crossroad for European, American and Asian societies, the Philippines is strategically in a position for introducing students to the issues, concerns and expectations of the international scene.
With priority on higher education and with English being taught in all schools, the Philippines is rated as the world's third largest English-speaking country considering an estimated overall literacy rate of 95.9%. Through its educational system patterned after that of the developed countries in the st and USA, thousands of international students from more than 70 countries are now studying in the Philippines.
The Philippines' program is hard to beat. It has one of the most affordable programs available in the world. It has many accredited state and private universities which are renowned worldwide. As all courses are taught in English, you will have the opportunity to earn US academic credit while continuing your studies in any of hundreds of courses from dozens of subject areas. You will live and study alongside Filipino and international students. The Philippines is believed to have a competitive advantage in medical education as ll as its services. In the future, the development of these courses can ensure attainment of the goal of making the Philippines the Medical Center of Asia.
WHY STUDY MBBS IN PHILIPPINES?
Many parents believe that Philippines is the right place for their children to study because it offers many good reasons for quality education.
MEDIUM FOR LEARNING ENGLISH
• The world's third largest English-speaking country
• Highest English literacy rate in Asia
• Mode of instruction in all levels of education
• Widely-used language for business, education, communication and trade
CENTER FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
• US System of Education
• Quality medical education as recognized by World Health Organization (WHO)
• Top Universities renowned worldwide
• Integrated problem-based learning approach
• Modern teaching methods with first-rate facilities
• Affordable overseas degrees and tuition fees
• Economical accommodation and living expenses
• Excellent and comfortable boarding facilities
• Affordable medical and dental expenses
• Inexpensive travel cost
• Student-assisted visa application
CONDUCIVE AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT
• Warmth, graciousness and hospitality of the Filipinos
• Open and stimulating classroom environment
• Solidarity between students and professors
• Dedicated and friendly school staff and faculty members
• Cultural diversity in the society
• Close proximity to other Asian countries
• Well-developed communication, transportation, and business infrastructures
• Well-established universities and hospitals
• Improved shipping facilities and services
• Expanded business centers
• Advanced information technology
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GLOBAL GROWTH
• Better opportunities to secure employment and permanent residency in other developed countries
• Good opportunity to travel around the world
• Opportunities to make significant contributions to your society and to your country after graduation
• Education gateway to other countries like the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada, and many
UNIVERSITY OF THE VISAYAS
The University of the Visayas was founded by the late Don Vicente A. Gullas in 1919 as the Visayan Institute (V.I.) in Cebu City.
Undergoing many years of redevelopment and surviving a post war period, the University of the Visayas today boasts an eight-campus, province-wide delivery of higher education .
UV GULLAS COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
The Gullas College of Medicine of the University of the Visayas formally opened its doors in 1977, an objective to provide quality and relevant medical education that is oriented toward health and social needs of the country in general and the community in particular.
The Gullas Medical Center is located at Banilad, Mandaue City.
It houses the Vicente Gullas Memorial Hospital, a 100-bed Tertiary Care Hospital accredited by PhilHealth, The Gullas Medical Center is located at Banilad, Mandaue City.
It houses the Vicente Gullas Memorial Hospital, the Gullas College of Medicine, the UV College of Nursing, the Gullas College of Dentistry, VIP Gullas College of Music, the Tan Kim Ching Cancer Center and the up-coming Cosmetic Surgery Center including other health-related courses.
Vicente Gullas Memorial Hospital is a 100-bed tertiary care hospital accredited by PhilHealth.
It has an extensive range of medical equipment to cater to its demanding curriculum that has been able to push students to achieve an outstanding performance in licensure examinations. There is also a University Library which holds a comprehensive amount of books and acclaimed medical publications
Its comprehensive curriculum aims to produce competent physicians with all the necessary training and adequate preparation.
The University of the Visayas offers various services that include co-curricular and extracurricular types of assistance to the students to facilitate their learning, to secure their health and safety and to promote their social and physical well-being.
Services include a Guidance and Testing Center which provides students with counseling orientation and the necessary career mentoring, a dedicated student medical centre with regular medical examinations to ensure health of students, canteens that cater excellent food and the University bookstore that provides all the necessary materials for students at affordable prices.
RECOGNITION AND ACCREDITATION
• First to offer Study Now Pay Later Plan to poor but deserving students (1965-1975)
• First to grant Scholarship Programs to ordinary government employees, public school teachers, administrators, military personnel and poor disabled students
• First to institutionalize Community Organizing Participative Action Research (COPAR) for Community Extension Program
• First to establish international linkages with Stitching Zorginstellenger Rinjswik Nursing Homes in Netherlands for exchange training programs and employment of Nursing alumni and Nursing Resources in the San Francisco Bay, USA, for scholarship and sponsorship of top 10% of Nursing Graduates every year for employment and immigration in the area
• First to establish academic-based Public Employment Office (PESO) for placement and job training of UV graduates at its satellite schools
• Accredited by the Philippines Association of Colleges and Universities-Commission on Accreditation (PACU-COA)
• Granted authority by the Department of Justice, Bureau of Immigration, to accept foreign students pursuant to Section (f) of the “Philippine Immigration Act of 1940”